Oiiiii

 Tuesday, May 2, 2023; Manuas, Amazonas, Brazil:

Hey y'all,

A week with my new area and new companion. 

My first area was pretty small, flat and covered one ward. 

My new area covers two wards, is pretty big, and is not flat. Because it is so big some days, we have the option of walking 30 minutes in the hot Sun or taking an Uber (expensive :( ) Some days, we have to take an uber to get where we need to be. I think the funnest part of this area is that some of the roads are super steep. They are difficult to walk up. But then we see cars zoom up the Hills. Sometimes the cars can't get all the way up, and normally they have to stop and change gears or whatever. Stick shift is weird.

My new area is still in Manaus but I guess is close to the edge of the city, and there is lot more greenery, trees plants etc.

My new companion is very different from my last one. My first comp here had 2 years in the mission and was very charismatic and decided about what he wanted to do. My current new companion has 10 months and reminds me of a sidekick-more of a follower. My problem is because of my newness to this area and Portuguese, I'm also a follower and one of us needs to make decisions and lead! :) But I feel I am able to participate more, and we share the decision-making more so that is good.

This week we had the last few lessons with a girl Emanuelly and then she was baptized! 

There is a young man Matheus that is prepping for a mission and so he has come to a lot of lessons with us.

One of the days this week we helped some of the ward members with service, helping someone else replace a roof. Plastic to metal. 

This week we also taught a few lessons to a guy named Wedson, and he decided he wanted to officially get married to his 'soon to be wife'. Because of this we went to a legal place to start the paperwork with him for getting married. Afterwards he invited us to his house for pizza. It was there that I learned a very different thing. Brazilians sometimes put things like eggs and corn on pizza. But also, after making normal enough pizza, they sometimes put mayonnaise or ketchup on as a sauce.  Bit too much for me. 

I am eating a lot of rice, beans and spaghetti here, along with fish, chicken and beef. And a little Sausage. Also, I had lasagna one day.

I have come to learn this area and the missionary work here is different from my last area, and I can guess that most areas are very different from each other.

Anyways this week has been different but good. I have learned how much we must trust in the Lord. He knows us all perfectly. He knows me, my companion and those we are or will teach. He knows how to help my companion and me, and how to help all of you. Turn to him for help. Make him your strength, and he will be there for you. 

I invite you all to find a way to make Christ your strength this week. 

I love all of y'all, and hope y'all have an awesome Christ-filled week. I know I will ;)

Elder Olson,
Manaus Brazil Mission

Pics
-My companion and a steep road we were walking up. Good view at the top:)
-I guess one of the bishops here is keeping kittens in a small room in the church building. Don't ask me why :)
-Another bad picture of a beautiful view
-A huge spider we saw in a member's house this week
-My comp and I, and Mateus
-Baptism with Emanuelly
-One of the members and Lasagna
-Service

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conference and a... Surprise!

Super busy week, Cuban dude, Games...

Pequenos Milagres💪