Horses and Lots of Water

 Monday, September 16, 2024; Floresta Ward, Rio Branco, Acre, Brazil:

This week was another fast week... I feel like my weeks are picking up speed! 

This week the climate has been both good and bad. It was still very smoky at the start of the week. Then it rained some. It stayed clear for a few days, then got smoky again. Sounds like the smoke has gone down to southern Brazil too... guys stop burning down the Amazon! πŸ˜…πŸ˜¬

This week I started talking with a guy studying to be a vet about cows. How the type of cows we have here in Acre, Brazil is mostly different in origin than the USA cows. 

Also, I think I saw turkeys? Or some kind of parent to them. 

One day as we were walking by the store, I saw a less common mode of travel "parked" in the parked lot. Look at my picture of it below! πŸ˜…πŸ€ 

I watched 'The Fighting Preacher' (Bispo Lutador) again this p-day. It features the story of Willard Bean and his family on their mission to Palmyra, New York. Such a good film. 

The highlight of this week was the Baptism of Yan! He is super awesome, and I see so much potential in his life. There are people who I share a message with once, and I know that small message won't change anything in their lives. But with Yan I see his path changing direction, being molded. And to know that different from any other type of work, and program on the earth, that the path he is starting, the things he is learning, are 100% true and right, is so good. That he is becoming closer to and more fully following our Savior, Jesus Christ. I don't have any fear that I am misleading people because Christ is the one true example we can follow in this life. He is the only one who was perfect, who Is perfect. 

That was basically it, a lot of work, but also a fun week. I am finding even more joy in my work, in the mission. Why? Let me explain. This week I was thinking a lot about my relationships with the various companions I have had.

The Prophet, Russel M. Nelson said these words in his April 2023 General Conference address:

" Before His death, the Savior commanded His Twelve Apostles to love one another as He had loved them. And then He added, “By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”

The Savior’s message is clear: His true disciples build, lift, encourage, persuade, and inspire—no matter how difficult the situation. True disciples of Jesus Christ are peacemakers. "

As I have reflected on my companionships, I see that each one has been better than the ones proceeding it, the longer I have been on my mission. Of course, things like Portuguese and experience make that easier. 

But honestly the reason my companionships have been better was what Pres. Nelson explained. I have been focused more on loving others. On lifting and building them. I haven't been focused on what I get, or equality in the relationship. It doesn't matter if my companion is good or not, is kind or not. I can always give my best. That will encourage others to give their best and be nicer. 

And how can that apply to you all? Well, most of you reading this aren't full time missionaries. If you are, this applies in your companionships. But also, it can apply with family members, friends, work colleagues, group and team members. Clients and even competitors. Really, it applies to everyone. 
 
That's my challenge for each of you. How can You πŸ«΅ lift, build, inspire and help others? What more can you πŸ«΅ do? 

Do Good. Love is Why! ❤️

Love y'all!

Elder David Olson
🌴Missão Basil Manaus Sul🌴
πŸŒŽπŸ“Rio Branco, Acre, BrasilπŸ‡§πŸ‡·

Pics-
-Elder Santos and I πŸ€œπŸ€›
-A horse "parked" at the grocery store πŸ΄
-Yans's Baptism! πŸŒŠ
-Rainy day πŸŒ§

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conference and a... Surprise!

Super busy week, Cuban dude, Games...

Pequenos MilagresπŸ’ͺ