Normal week :)

 Monday, May 8, 2023; Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil:

Hey all,

This week for me was pretty good. 

We had a Zone Conference, and while I changed which zone I am in from my last transfer, my current still met with the other Zone I served. This being my second Zone Conference, I understood a lot more of the Portuguese. There was some awesome training for us missionaries, followed by an awesome lunch. Then we had a Q and A session with our mission president about missionary rules and standards which was decent. 

We had District meeting too which gave opportunities to practice things we learned in zone conference, as well as talk with other missionaries in areas around my area.

I talked with my companion and found out he likes a lot of the same music I like. People love English music here. Portuguese too but I don't know much Portuguese music so it's harder to talk about :)

This week one of my ward/congregations here had a special party for all the members birthday in the first 1/4 of the year, and also a young man opened up his mission call to Curitiba Sul, Brazil. To prepare for this event my companion and I helped bow up a bunch of balloons to make an arch. It was only later that I realized the balloons were kind of the colors for the Brazil state of Curitiba, in preparation for the mission call opening.

If y'all were curious about laundry here, most people including most/all? missionary houses have a washer. Then people hang clothes up inside, outside and everywhere in between :)
For me laundry is super tedious because my white shirts that I use every day get sweat and dirt stains, especially on the collars, so we have a sink with a scrub board, and I get to scrub all of them before using the clothes washing machine.

This week we did a lot of walking in the hot Sun. We knocked on peoples doors and clapped through gates. We also received a lot of references and referrals through media and videos, so we call and texted a lot of people too.

A thing I have learned a lot about and thought about recently is rules and commandments. Parents give rules to children. Teachers to students. Maybe friend to friend. Our Heavenly Father to us. Sometimes we feel like they restrict us. But normally they for our good. They help us stay safe. They help us stay healthy. They help us learn and grow. Sometimes we understand why we are given them and other times we don't, possibly never will. I was reflecting on rules my parents gave me that have helped me in my life. I also reflected on different commandments God has given. How the rules in my life help me have less addictions, more choices, and I can be happier. I invite you all to think about the rules and commandments in your life, and how they have and continue to help you and your family. 

'Well, that's all folks'-Looney Toons ;) 

I love you all and hope you have awesome blessed weeks!!

Elder David Olson 
Manaus Brazil Mission

Pics
-View from high up
-View, with my companion
-View, so much better in person
-We saw a pig wandering the street 
-kittens in the church building
-Random pic with another missionary at zone conference- Elder Santos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conference and a... Surprise!

Super busy week, Cuban dude, Games...

Pequenos Milagres💪