Rain, Chocolate and A Real Book

 Monday, April 15, 2024; Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil:

This week was decently normal. Not too much to write about.

District council with other missionaries was super awesome to get help for some problems I was having.

This week it rained most of the days. It rained a lot in the morning which was weird. I would have thought rain in the morning would motivate me to wake up, as it's not as hot or humid, but in the end it just made me want to sleep more🥲

We had a district pday, and I got destroyed in Uno by the other missionaries. 🥲😅😁

I don't remember if I told you all last week, but we received physical copies of the new Preach My Gospel book, which helps us better study to teach other people, as well as understanding our purpose as missionaries and representatives of Jesus Christ. Since getting the new books, my study has been magnified sooo much. I was starting to get lost in the best way to study the scriptures. How to really study and learn things, and not just read through the pages. And the new book's physical copy is such a blessing.

I got to do a divisão, trading companions and areas with one of the other Elders we live with for the day. That day we had so many miracles, including we met someone who as a youth spent 6 months in the USA, and during that time he met one of the 12 Apostles of the Church.

We lost power most of Sunday, until around 10pm. It got super-hot in our house, and we worried that we might have to sleep outside. But finally, the power came back on.

This week I was studying in Preach My Gospel, about the Christlike attribute hope. 

I thought a lot about two words Anchor and Magnify. I then decided to make some lists. I first made two, which seemed so different from each other. 

The first list: Grow, Magnify, Reach.
The second list: Hold tightly, anchor, foundation, steadfast. 

The first list is very free. Increase, become more, expand. The second list is more prepare, stay the same, small and strong. 

Then I made another list, with some similarities or things that stay the same.

Third list: Press onward, Efforts, Live.

Then I thought of Elder Bendar's talk last weekend about a foundation, how we build OUR foundation on the rock of our Savior. I feel that my second list requires that we build our own personal spiritual foundations very strong. And with that strong spiritual foundation, we can then build a tall, ever growing 'building'. In our lives we must always stretch and grow, but we must also always grow our foundation, strengthening it as we go. 

So that is my invitation to you. Grow that strong foundation and reach for the skies. Have an anchor to keep you in place, but also grow upwards!

Love y'all!

Elder Olson
Missão Brasil Manaus🌴

Pics-
-Hersheys Cookies and Cream chocolate bar but better
-Divisão with Elder Flores and a friend 
-After lunch with some members Sunday completing a puzzle 
-The view from our front door

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conference and a... Surprise!

Super busy week, Cuban dude, Games...

Pequenos Milagres💪